Registration will take place at the Augrabies Falls National Park Conference Room (just before Reception) on Friday afternoon 28 April 2023 from 15h00 – 18h00, where you will register and receive your race pack and race number. There will be a small Registration facility at the Start on both Saturday morning 29 April and Sunday morning 30 April for those people who absolutely cannot make it on Friday – times for these will be communicated closer to the Race. The main Race Briefing will be held at the Registration venue on Friday at 18h00 until about 18h30.
2. Start / Finish and Race Village
Race Village – Khamkirri Resort
Start / Finish – Shuttle from Khamkirri Resort
Race Village – Augrabies Falls National Park Camping Area
Start / Finish – Augrabies Falls National Park Camping Area
3. Start Times
Klipspringer Challenge: 07h00 both days
Klipspringer Lite: 07h30 both days
4. Cut-off Times
Cut-Off #1 Rhino Gate CP & Water Table – approximately 6km-7km from the Start: Challenge 09h30; Lite 10h00
Cut-Off #2 Old Farmhouse CP & Water Table – approximately 23km from the Start for the Challenge and approximately 12km from the Start for the Lite: 14h00
Cut-Off #1 Ararat CP & Water Table – approximately 9km from the Start: Challenge 10h30; Lite 11h00
Cut-Off #2 Moon Rock CP & Water Table – approximately 29km from the Start for the Challenge and approximately 18km from the Start for the Lite: 14h00
Any runners not through the Checkpoints by the allotted times will be transported back to the Race Village. The Race Organisers reserve the right to use their sole discretion and pull runners off the course in the interests of safety.
5. Race Rules
- The Race Organiser’s decision is final.
- Runners must follow the marked routes. Any runner leaving the marked route must rejoin the route at the same point they left it.
- Runners may be required to wear and/or carry certain items of equipment as indicated by the Race Organiser.
- Runners may not wear headphones of any sort.
- Runners shall respect the integrity of the natural environment they are in, which includes a zero-tolerance for littering.
- Failure to adhere to any of these rules may result in penalties which could include time penalties, disqualification and/or any other sanction deemed appropriate by the Race Organiser.