Registration will take place at the Augrabies Falls National Park Conference Room (just before Reception) on Friday afternoon 27th April from 15h00 – 18h00, where you will register and receive your race pack and race number. There will be a small Registration facility at the same place on Saturday morning 28th April for those people who absolutely cannot make it the day before – times for this will be communicated closer to the Race. The main Race Briefing will be held at the Registration venue on Friday at 18h00 until about 18h30.
2. Start / Finish and Race Village
The Race Village is centered at the Augrabies Falls National Park Camping Area. This will be the official Start and Finish location for both days and for both races.
3. Start Times
Klipspringer Challenge: 07h00 both days
Klipspringer Lite: 07h30 both days
4. Cut-off Times
In the interests of runner safety and to ensure that no runners risk being stuck out in the desert in the dark, the Klipspringer Race Organisers will be applying a Cut-off policy. The cut-off policy is generous and essentially provides runners with full daylight hours to complete their run, but it will be strictly applied.
Cut-Off #1 Rhino Gate CP & Water Table approximately 6km-7km from the Start: Challenge 11h00; Lite 12h00
Cut-Off #2 Old Farmhouse CP & Water Table approximately 25km-26km from the Start for the Challenge and approximately 11.5km-12.5km from the Start for the Lite: 15h00
Cut-Off #1 Ararat CP & Water Table approximately 10km from the Start: Challenge 11h00; Lite 12h00
Cut-Off #2 Moon Rock CP & Water Table approximately 30km from the Start for the Challenge and 14km for the Lite: 15h30
Any runners not through the Checkpoints by the allotted times will be transported back to the Race Village.
The Race Organisers reserve the right to use their sole discretion and pull runners off the course in the interests of safety.
5. Refund & Substitution Policy
The Augrabies Falls Klipspringer Challenge 2018 has a cancellation policy pertaining to refunds. This is necessary because most of the expenses incurred in staging this event are committed to in advance, and as such refunds are only possible well in advance or when a replacement can be found. Refunds and/or substitutions where allowed will be subject to a nominal administration and handling fee.
- Full payment is required on entry. An entry is only confirmed on full payment of the entry fee.
- 80% of the entry fee paid will be refunded if an entry is cancelled in writing on or before midnight on Wednesday 28 February 2018. Substitutions will be allowed before midnight on Wednesday 28 February 2018 subject to the procedures and conditions described below. All substitutions processed prior to 28 February 2018 will be subject to a R200 administration and handling fee, which fee will be processed either as an additional fee or as a deduction from any refund, depending on which will be most applicable.
- From 1 March 2018 until midnight on Wednesday 18 April 2018 only substitutions will be allowed. In the absence of a substitute being found, no refunds will be allowed. Ultimately it is the original entrant’s responsibility to find a substitute, but the Augrabies Falls Klipspringer Challenge Race Organisers will assist if they can. Substitutes will be required to complete the online substitution process. All substitutions during this period will be subject to a R200 administration and handling fee, which fee will be processed either as an additional fee or as a deduction from any refund, depending on which will be most applicable.
- Entries for the Augrabies Falls Klipspringer Challenge 2018 will close at midnight on Wednesday 18 April 2018, or when in the Race Organiser’s discretion, capacity has been reached. No refunds or substitutions will be allowed after this date.